Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 will not get past 'starting windows' - After update

• Please log in to reply

Some Guy Needin' Help

Some Guy Needin' Help

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello Everyone,

Just to start this off, I am not completely computer savvy, so keep this in mind.

After the recent Windows update (My computer did this yesterday night; 9th of September), my computer will no longer get past the 'starting windows' screen with the pulsating windows banner.

I am able to get onto my desktop only through 'safe mode', which I hope helps. I have attempted 'ChkDSk' already, which posed nothing (only completed due to old forums answers).

Hoping someone can help me figure this out. I do not feel like buying a new laptop just yet :/

Cheers.

Edited by Some Guy Needin' Help, 10 September 2015 - 02:19 AM.

Advertisements

Some Guy Needin' Help

Some Guy Needin' Help

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Add on: My computer is a Toshiba Satellite, pre-installed with Windows 7 Home Premium OP.

Attempted a malware scan using Malwarebytes - Detected some files (Which seemed to me to be unsuspicous), However to quarantine them, the computer needs to restart, which it can't do anyway, as it gets stuck at the 'starting windows'.

Edited by Some Guy Needin' Help, 10 September 2015 - 02:28 AM.