Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading to new PC, leaning towards Origin PC

• Please log in to reply

Drivethrugaming

Drivethrugaming

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I know most people say build your own and I am up for suggestions and all that but I really woudln't mind getting a really nice PC professionally built with a good warranty and no headaches of trying to put it all together myself. My current PC is still quite good but I have minor issues with it constantly and I have someone interested in buying it from me and i'd been thinking of upgrading anyways. So I basically have a budget of $7000. My current PC is this. I do a ton of gaming @1440P with 144hz on an IPS panel so it needs to be quite beefy to keep a nice high fps with high settings. I also stream my games so I have a second monitor that I use to monitor chat or to just watch streams while I play. Origin PC seems like they make really nice computers but I am not sure what's fluff and what stuff isn't much of an upgrade etc...  

• CPU = Intel i7 4770 k
  • Ram = DDR3 16 Gig of ram
  • Mobo = Sabertooth Z87
  • CD/RW
  • HDD/SDD = Kingston 256gb SSD
  • Secondary HDD = 2 TB HDD
  • GPU = 980 SC Edition in SLI
  • GPU#2 = 980 SC Edition in SLI
  • Soundcard = Sound Blaster Z PCIe
  • Case = Coolermaster HAF X
Here is the Origin PC I am thinking about, I mean if I can save some money on ram that is just as good as what I picked but cheaper and stuff like that please let me know. GENESIS * * DetailsOrientation: Standard ATXStandard Color: White Current Special Offers: Hard Work Pays Off! (Must select SSD below) The ORIGIN Difference: ORIGIN PC Genesis - The Best Gaming Experience Guaranteed Variable Mounting: Standard Case Lighting: Remote Controlled Multi-Colored LED Case Fans: ORIGIN High-Performance Ultra Silent Fans - Black Motherboard: ASUS Rampage V Extreme/USB 3.1 System Cooling: ORIGIN CRYOGENIC Stage III Liquid Cooling (For Standard/Inverted Configurations) CRYOGENIC Tubing Color: Clear CRYOGENIC Liquid: Koolance Performance Coolant - Red Processors: Intel Extreme Core i7 5960X Octa-Core 3.0GHz (3.5GHz TurboBoost) ORIGIN Professional Processor Overclocking: ORIGIN Professional Processor Overclocking Thermal Compound: GELID GC-Extreme CPU Application Power Supply: 1.5 Kilowatt Corsair AX1500i Power Supply Sleeved Cable Color: Black Individually Sleeved Cables Graphic Cards: Dual ORIGIN CRYOGENIC EVGA Hydro Copper Liquid Cooled 6GB NVIDIA GTX 980Ti ORIGIN Professional Graphics Card Overclocking: ORIGIN PC Professional Graphics Card Overclocking Memory: 16GB ORIGIN PC DDR4 Powered by Kingston 2666MHz (2 X 8GB) Operating System: MS Windows 10 Home Operating System Drive #1 (Primary): *FREE Upgrade to a 240GB ORIGIN PC Approved Solid State Drive Operating System Drive #2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro Series Hot Swap Bay Drive #1: *FREE 1TB Seagate Solid State Hybrid Drive Hard Drive Cage: 5 Bay Hot-Swap Cage Optical Drive One: 12X Blu-ray Reader and DVD Combo Lower Unit: Cryogenic Cooling Support Audio: On Board High Definition 8-Channel Audio Networking: Onboard Network Port ORIGIN Maximum Protection Shipping Process: ORIGIN Wooden Crate Armor Warranty: Lifetime 24/7 U.S. Based Support and Lifetime Free Labor. 3 Year Part Replacement & Free Shipping Warranty ORIGIN Recovery: ORIGIN Recovery USB3.0 Flash Drive Evolve Part Upgrade Service: 3 Year Evolve Part Upgrade Service with Free Shipping

Advertisements