Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash Drive and Ext Hard drive

• Please log in to reply

fixitnow

fixitnow

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Ok I have a snap drive that plugs into my computer USB port and my Ext HD both have files and files inside

of folders ok  ?

Is it possible somehow to get that list printed of the files that on the Flash drive/ Ext HD - drive E / Flash and drive F Ext HD to print out the files they have;   guessing in text format to print  out so I have it in my hand and can read / use it ; theirs no print command on the menus so wonder if possible and how ?    Need simple directions . .

Any ideas out their - thanks

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts

You can open a command prompt window and change to the device that you want to look at and use the command "dir /s /b > FILE.txt" and then print FILE.txt. There are options to the DIR command, so you can select how you want to list the files, "dir /?" will show you the options.

The "/s" shows all subdirectories and the "/b" shows just the files without headers, full path.

fixitnow

fixitnow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Hum don t know how to do that will wait on other comments; lost when it comes to sub commands ; and DIR and heard something about

not missing files in sub folders betting theirs to many choices for a simple text print out l will wait see other comments I guess  :  (