Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

black screen after 2 seconds

• Please log in to reply

croak3r

croak3r

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi, i had this problem start earlier where my monitor turns on for about two seconds but then just comes up with a black screen. The light stays green and if i turn it on and off the picture comes back for two seconds before going off again. I have tried the monitor on another computer, but i'm getting the same issue.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I read somewhere it could be the capacitor's on one of the boards, but when i took it apart they looked normal.

Thanks.

EDIT: i should also say i think that i saw the screen flickering earlier this morning, I cant be completely sure though as i wasnt at my desk at the time and only saw it in the corner of my eye.

Edited by croak3r, 08 October 2015 - 02:49 PM.

Advertisements

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

it's probably a problem with the inverter ( https://en.wikipedia...i/CCFL_inverter) and will need to be either replaced or repaired, i have read that turning down the brightness can be a work around that may stop it happening too.

:popcorn:

see if something here helps :- http://www.tomshardw...ck-seconds.html

Edited by terry1966, 08 October 2015 - 03:47 PM.

croak3r

croak3r

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks i'l take a look. The only inverter i can find ships from China, so i'l probably have a go at repairing it myself if i can. unfortunately the brightness buttons dont seem to respond when it's on, so i cant seem to change that.

What i cant understand though is everyone is saying i should be able to see the picture if i shine a light at it, but i cannot on my monitor.

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

needs to be a very strong/bright light source and shone at an angle to the screen i believe for best chance to see any image on the panel.

:popcorn:

croak3r

croak3r

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Ah ok, i was just using one on my phone and it wasnnt verry bright.

Thanks again.