Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tosiba BSOD Exception Thread Not Handled

Toshiba BSOD EXCEPTION THREAD NOT HANDLED

• Please log in to reply

EbonySHall

EbonySHall

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Toshiba L775 7111 that my husband brought as a gift for me with no OS, , original OS was Windows 7 Home Prem.
Anyway I updated the OS to Windows 8.1 well the laptop was beautiful until I tried to connect to the wifi....once connected I had only a couple minutes and then the comp said PC has ran into some errors we are collecting data for you search online for this code later exception thread not handled (atwbsys). After searching I learned this may have something to do with the Atheros wireless adapter and downloaded an updated driver, once I did I reconnected to internet again and once again the BSOD this time the code IRQL less than or equal....and I had to take the system back with the recovery disk but once agin I cannot access the Internet wired or wireless, please help...I am desperate...

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Welcome. :) You are gonna need a blank cd/dvd  usb for this....

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go post the result.

Download Autoruns and Autorunsc Unzip it to your desktop and then double click autoruns.exe
After the scan is finished then click on File>>>>>>>>>>>Save
The default name will be autoruns.arn make sure to save it as Autoruns.txt under the file type option.
in other words make sure it is a .txt file instead of .arn Attach the text in your next reply.

Please upload your minidump files. How to compress and upload Minidump files