Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2010 not sending emails

• Please log in to reply

Sailing Captain

Sailing Captain

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Hi

I have a computer that is about 9 years old that has Outlook 2010.  I use to be able to receive and send emails, but recently I'm only able to receive.

The computer was running extremely slow earlier this year and G2G assisted in cleaning up, topic "Slow old laptop" 4 May 2015.  It has started to go slow again (maybe my imagination).

I would appreciate any help. 

Plese note that I do not log on regularly, maybe once a week.  But I will try to logon more regularly for your help.

Thanks,

Craig

Advertisements

paulhogan

paulhogan

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hello,

First you make sure that “Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)” option should not to be checked in Microsoft Outlook.

After that check your Outlook Outgoing mail server (SMTP), port no. is correct or not.

To do so: Open “MS Outlook” >> Click on “File” Tab >> “Account Settings” >> “Account Settings” >> Click on Email account >> Go to “More Settings” >> Click on “Advanced Tab” >> Check the port no.

To check the port no. you can see here: https://www.arclab.c...erver-list.html

In a case:

If you upgraded to Window 10 OS, then the sending emails problem generally occurs. In such a situation,you have to use Window resource checker tool which is also known as System File Checker or SFC.

To know how to run SFC command to fix send/receive email problem in Window 10, see here: http://www.pstrepair...g-window10.html

Best Regards

Paul Hogan

Edited by paulhogan, 12 October 2015 - 11:36 PM.

Sailing Captain

Sailing Captain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Hi Paul,

Firstly apologies for being slow to review your reply, it is much appreciated.

I have checked for both SPA, not checked, and the port no., it is correct.  I have not upgraded to Win 10, I’m running Win 7 Pro.

Any other items to check.  As previously mentioned I use to be able to send emails.

I appreciate any direction/assistance you can give.

Thanks,

Craig

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

Sailing Captain,

Do you get any errors when you try to send, or do the emails simply sit in the outbox? In the lower right corner of Outlook, you'll see send/receive progress. If you click on that, the pop-up box will have an error tab, so please report any errors you see in there. 

Who is your service provider? Perhaps they changed something on their end that requires a change on your end, and we can research it that way. 

sari