Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Halo and GeForce FX5200 no playing nice

• Please log in to reply

cybercreeper

cybercreeper

• Pip
  • 5 posts
my halo and GeForce FX5200 graphx card are not playing nice. i've looked on the forum for solutions to my problem but found none. the problem occurs when i start the game everything is fine. until i get to the main menu. it starts getting choppy. it's looks like i'm blinking really fast.

i have all the updated drivers for
graphx card GeForce FX 5200
sound card (intergrated AC'97 Asus mobo A7N8X)
Bios updated
DirectX 9c

i was able to play it before when i had a ATI 64mb Radion AIW, but once i upgraded to the FX5200 it started giving me this problem.
any advice will be grately appreciated.

:tazz: ;) ;)

Advertisements

cybercreeper

cybercreeper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
come on guys anyone have any idea how i can fix this...??

cybercreeper

cybercreeper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i found the problem, i did have the latest drivers for vid,bios,snd etc.

The problem was with the sound setting. it would not render the 3D Sound so i would give me that flickering. what i did was under the setting

right click on the desktop/setting/advanced. then click on the Geforce FX 5200 tab/ a little pop out menu comes out. go to Stereo properties and there you will see a Nvidia logo that is doubled. there you will also see a slider bar that says Begninner and Advanced. slide that bar until the logo become one and that is it. now on that same menu go to Stereo Settings and Test there is an option at the bottom that says Launch Test Application. click on that to see if it is still flickering. if it is go back to the Stereo Properties and play with that Slider bar. My slider bar was set between 0 and 3%. that's where it gave me the best results....hope this help you guys out there.

if you guys don't want to mess with the slider bar. first try the Launch Test Application. there you will see first had if your 3d Stereo is causing the flickering. then go to the slider bar and play with that. good luck! :tazz:

My system

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Barton 2500+
1 gig of crucial memory @ 2700
Geforce FX 5200 128mb
120 Maxtor HD
Memorex DVD-+R
Plextor CDRW
Sony DVD-ROM

Edited by cybercreeper, 16 June 2005 - 01:03 PM.