Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New hardware. Errors popping up at startup.

• Please log in to reply

agent_numpty

agent_numpty

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

I recently changed my motherboard and processor due to technical issues.

http://www.geekstogo...display-at-all/

Since changing my hardware, I have the following software issues:

1. I get "Can not load asacpi.dll" plus some other message about an address not being accessed at 0x000000, will update the post next time I restart my PC.

2.I can't seem to get rid of AI Suite 2 at the moment. I tried uninstalling in normal Win 7 64bit but it says "The model does not support this application.". I went into Safe Mode and tried, I got "Can not open AsIO.sys" which I'm guessing is the software uninstall exe file? After clicking OK I get the "The model..." error again.

I understand that I could completely wipe my hard drive and re-install Windows but thats a last resort for now.

Any help much appreciated.

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Once you have changed the motherboard, you are quite likely to get all sorts of Windows problem if you try and continue with your old Windows installation.

Folks do try a piecemeal type approach and try to address each individual issue as it crops up, but its rarely successful.

Some people try a "repair" install, but this is sometimes not available or merely postpones for a short time the problems, that tend to come back with a vengeance!

The best solution is a fresh install, but naturally make sure your back ups are 100% solid, reproducible contain everything you need and with several copies, kept safe offsite on removable media,

As well as all your installation discs and downloaded executables and serial numbers, dont forget the drivers you will need, (and make sure your network adapter drivers work Ok... as you will need to connect to the Internet...but not before your anti virus and firewall are operational and only then to perform essential updates....

Regards

paws 

agent_numpty

agent_numpty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

So sorry for the rather late reply.

Thanks for the info. Will keep ya posted on the progress.

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

:thumbsup: