Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spyware or Malware, getting bad, personal information could be comprom

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

What do I do about my other updates? I had other updates it never finished downloading because it set this as priority and now because of the stupid config of windows 10 for windows update, i cannot select updates manually and they wouldn't download either, these other updates i mean.

Also would this be the latest version of windows 10 on that link?

And do you know if the file is really that huge? It's only at 3% since around 2:30-3:00 pm of my time making it around 2 hours it has been downloading for now. I just don't want it to be secretly failing in the background until it finally decides to let me know, lol.

Edited by Destiny000, 04 December 2015 - 06:10 PM.

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
That is the November refresh (basically a new windows 10) once it has installed then there will be very few updates to install

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

I still haven't been able to finish downloading it. -_- My internet coming through to this laptop again did it's stupid thing where i had to unplug and plug back in to reset it, so leaving it on all night ended up doing nothing much at all sadly. I don't know how much longer this will take. 

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
That may be why it is not downloading via updates, it is very large

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

If it is the virtual part of the ports that are causing the laptop to disconnect and need to be reset, there may then be a fix for that then, no?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Do you have the same problem if you connect to the router using an Ethernet cable

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Yes it has been. It has stopped doing it so often now. I'll keep an eye on it and see what it does in the next few days. The download completed and now windows update seems to be working. 0.o Would this have been the old windows 10 i was using, an error of sorts do you think causing the problem with updates?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
So the update installed OK ... If so you now have to all intents and purposes a fresh install of windows 10

Anything else that is odd ?

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

After a while of using my computer for most of the day the windows button in the bottom left corner that brings up the power, programs, etc, no longer functions and is unclickable. Same with the "search the web and Windows" section beside it. Only restarting the computer fixes it for a whole.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Do you get an error about Cortana and explorer

Advertisements

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

no error appears. Things are just unclickable. I had to restart my computer this morning again because of it and guess what happened when I restarted and opened chrome. -_- Pop ups in chrome and blocked warnings from malware bytes again . . . . . . -sigh-

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I would be tempted to say get rid of chrome :)

OK

Run a fresh FRST scan and I will see what is running .. Are updates working OK now ?

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Updates are getting stuck and doing the same things again, there are many updates. -_- Chrome is never the only one with pop ups. I was also getting this error when scanning, repeatedly. You can see in pic. My display driver also just stopped working for a bit and gave me a warning of doing so. 0.0 Never happened before.

Attached Thumbnails

• updates.jpg
  • error.jpg

Attached Files

• Attached File  FRST.txt   121.23KB   182 downloads

Edited by Destiny000, 09 December 2015 - 11:19 AM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
You have re-installed the VPN .. When did you do that ?

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Whaaaaat? I never reinstalled anything. 0.0 I'm stunned. How in the heck can that even happen? I looked in task manager and I can see it. It hasn't installed itself to the point where I can actually open the program since that part of it is inaccessible to me now. 

Attached Thumbnails

• vpn 0.0.jpg

Edited by Destiny000, 09 December 2015 - 04:15 PM.