Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Antivirus on turns computer slow

• Please log in to reply

newil

newil

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Since last week i noticed that my computer was strange. When i double click to open a program, it won't open imediately, only after a few seconds of waiting it opens the programs. Also, some programs crash with "not responding" when already opened and working. For my surprise, on a situation where one program was "not responding" and other was not working properly i turn off the antivirus Avast and all programs start to work well! Then i unistalled Avast and tried Windows Defender. Same problem. So i turn off Windows Defends and after that all programs opening and running good.

Other problems i noticed was when opening web sites, it takes a little bit more time.

Also, with firefox, on some websites, i can't see some videos because it gives me error #2035. An example is this video: http://www.maisfuteb...a-festejar-golo

This last problem is not resolved with turning off antivirus.

I scanned with malawarebites, adwcleaner, junkware removal and ESET free scanner (http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/). Only malware bites found some threaths that were eliminated.

After that, i turn on Windows Defender but had the some problems.

What the [bleep] is going on with my computer?

Advertisements