Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to remove MS Photo viewer on WIN7?

• Please log in to reply

JeriY

JeriY

• Pip
  • 5 posts

I don't want to use Windows Photo Viewer  but that is all that comes up when I want to open a photo.   I want to use IRFANVIEW which I also installed.  How do I get rid of the Windows Viewer?

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

You don't need to remove anything, just need to set IRFANVIEW as the default program.

Try going to Control Panel - Default Programs - Set your default programs, select IrfanView and select Set this program as default then press OK when your done.

JeriY

JeriY

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

It doesn't work.  Probably because there is no way to remove MS Viewer from the default list.   Irfanview is chosen as default but the Photo Viewer is on the list and that is all that will come up.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

See Here for possible help.

Joe