Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

"Fake" desktop + missing desktop tab in display co

• Please log in to reply

Kevy Kev

Kevy Kev

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello - this is my first time using a resouce like this so bear with me. I am pretty good with removing malware/trojan hoirses, but I noticed that this last time I was infected, several really odd things happened: 1) the program reset my desktop to a blue screen with a message statting (paraphrasing here) that my pc would not operate in normal mode and that I should purchase an anti-virus program; 2) I have confirmed that this is a fake screen, because my computer is, in fact, running in normal mode, and 3) under control panel > display, the desktop, appearance and them tabs are miossing. So...basically, I'm pretty much stuck. Also, it might be of help to add that a pop-up ad for a program called Antivirusgold keeps autolauncing during start up. I was, however, able to get rid of it.