Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Avast scan telling me my router password needs changing (Resolved)

Best Answer phillpower2 , 08 November 2015 - 11:50 AM

I clicked on the link and the page I need from Sky will not load.  The steps that Sky provide are below; You can change your wireless password to something easier to remember by logg... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

dustypink

dustypink

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

I did an Avast scan because my lap top is running slow pages not loading then IE stops working, Avast are telling me to change the password to my own to stop people using my wiffi I guess. Anyway I clicked on the link and the page I need from Sky will not load. I have also typed in the IP number it still wont work. Do I need to change this? What difference will it make if someone next door is using my wifi

Thanks

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
✓  Best Answer
I clicked on the link and the page I need from Sky will not load.

The steps that Sky provide are below;

You can change your wireless password to something easier to remember by logging into your router settings.

If you’re using a Sky router, follow these steps to change the password.

Open a new web browser window.
In the address bar, type 192.168.0.1 and press Enter.
Enter the username admin and password sky in lowercase.
From the Useful settings menu on the right hand side of the screen select Change Wireless Password.
Enter the username admin and password sky in lowercase.
Enter the new wireless password you want to use.
Select Apply to save your new settings.

Please note: When you change your wireless password, all wireless devices will be immediately disconnected and you’ll need to reconnect each device again entering the new password.

What difference will it make if someone next door is using my wifi

People piggybacking on your wifi will slow down your internet connection, depending on your user package they can use up your allowance and finally passwords are there to protect you and your personal information and for a better explanation than I can give take a look at the info provided by ack__ here

Tip

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

ok thanks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

You are welcome  :)

Has your question been answered ok or is there something else that we can help you with.

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

I been at work all day so cant really do all this till my day off on Thursday so will let you know

Thanks so far for your help

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:thumbsup:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Not heard back from you dustypink, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

sorry yes thanks you can close this now its the other stuff I have issues with but no one has replied

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Done and thanks for the follow up  :thumbsup:

its the other stuff I have issues with but no one has replied

If you are referring to your thread on the Malware Removal Forums here I would suggest that you send Joe (zep516) a PM in case for some reason he did not receive any email notification of your last reply, include a link to the thread in your PM.

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

thank you

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

You are welcome  :)