Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

kernel_data_inpage_error

• Please log in to reply

dzoutzidis

dzoutzidis

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I recently bought a used dell C610 laptop from somebody and I've been getting itermittent
crashing. Usually the computer will freeze for a few seconds, followed by a loud
click noise that seems to be from the hard drive and then it'll keep working until
it happens again and again more frequently for a minute or so and then it'll give
me a blue screen of death. I've only been able to write down what the screen said
once and might not have gotten everything I should have but here's what I got:

kernel_data_inpage_error
STOP: 0x0000007A (0xC03E6608, 0XC000000E, 0XF998A394, 0X070BE860)
atapi.sys address F998A38 base at F997D000, Date stamp 44107b4d

Now one problem I've also got is that the guy I bought it from said the resource
CD was in the drive when he gave it to me but it wasn't and now he's on vacation
so I can't get the CD for another week or so and I'd like to give this laptop to
my girlfriend on the 23rd for her birthday so I'm running out of time!

If I try to turn it on again right away after a crash, it'll almost invariably keep
on crashing unless I turn it off for 20 minutes or so and then try again.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Advertisements