Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

seanxke

seanxke

• Pip
  • 8 posts

hello i had a blue screen and here is the whocrashed results this is a new computer as well and this happened on a other computer as well. So I am thinking this has got to a software thing. Is it possibly malwarebytes is causing the crash to the tcpip.sys? I also have bitdefender internet secuity 2016. for now I am turning off malwarebytes until i get a solution to all of this but am trying to figure this out of what is going on. My software and drivers to my knowledge is all up to date from windows updates and also when I checked devices and drivers and went to them and it said up to date

On Fri 12/4/2015 5:30:13 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: F:\Windows\Minidump\120415-17846-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: tcpip.sys (tcpip+0x8CD26)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x20, 0xFFFFFA80204AAB00, 0xFFFFFA80204AAB20, 0x4020015)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
file path: F:\Windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: TCP/IP Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 12/4/2015 5:30:13 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: F:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: mwac.sys (mwac+0x612D)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x20, 0xFFFFFA80204AAB00, 0xFFFFFA80204AAB20, 0x4020015)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
file path: F:\Windows\system32\drivers\mwac.sys
product: Malwarebytes Web Access Control
company: Malwarebytes Corporation
description: Malwarebytes Web Access Control
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: mwac.sys (Malwarebytes Web Access Control, Malwarebytes Corporation).
Google query: Malwarebytes Corporation BAD_POOL_HEADER

cleardot.gif

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:welcome:    seanxke,

Is it possibly malwarebytes is causing the crash to the tcpip.sys?

Yes but there may be something else going on that drove them into conflict.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

If you have any more crashes can you upload them using the method below;

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.
2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. Upload the zip folder using the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

Tip

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

seanxke

seanxke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

hello thanks for your reply here is the url you requested:

http://speccy.pirifo...xb6pvxRrGpjhZNX

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Polite reminder;

Tip

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

The only issue that I can see in your Speccy log is with your Ram, the Ram is not shown to be running in single or dual channel mode, this is most likely because you have an odd stick of different brand and spec of Ram fitted.

Can I ask why you need so much Ram and has the odd 8GB stick of Ram been added by yourself or was the computer purchased as it is.

Can we have a screenshot of Disk Manager please, see below; 

1. Click on the Start button and then choose Control Panel.

2. Click on the System and Security link.
Note: If you're viewing the Large icons or Small iconsview of Control Panel, you won't see this link so just click on the Administrative Tools icon and skip to Step 4.
3. In the System and Security window, click on the Administrative Tools heading located near the bottom of the window.
4. In the Administrative Tools window, double-click on the Computer Management icon.
5. When Computer Management opens, click on Disk Management on the left side of the window, located under Storage.
After a brief loading period, Disk Management should now appear on the right side of the Computer Management window.
Note: If you don't see Disk Management listed, you may need to click on the |> icon to the left of the Storage icon.

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

seanxke

seanxke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

hello The ram that was in it had 8gb of ram all ready in it then I wanted more so i added more to get up to 24gb of ram. But the computer already had  8gb of ram installed in it.  I aksed the people that was selling the h p workstation to add more ram to it at b&h store

I couldn't do the screen capture doing your method for whatever reason but instead used the snipping tool instead

Attached Thumbnails

• computer management.JPG

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

So the store fitted the Ram for you, if yes, they should have advised you that it would not operate in dual channel mode.

Can I ask why you need so much Ram 

Let me know if you dont want to answer this, for my part I am just curious as unless you are a programmer or use CAD or some other heavy duty software you will not use any more than 8GB of Ram, the rest will just sit there doing nothing.

Not directly related to answering your OP but can I ask if you have installed Windows on both your SSD and the HDD, Windows by default allocates the drive letter C: to the drive that it is on, your screenshot does show this,  Windows C: being on your HDD but you also have Boot, Page File, Crash Dump and a Primary Partition on Turbo Drive (F:) the SSD, each drive also has an OEM Recovery Partition on it, other than that we are just waiting to see if you have any more crashes.

seanxke

seanxke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

hello,

thanks for your reply. I work from home and wanted to have more ram. I do webcasts from home meetings regulary using my hd camera and also i do some video editing. Also in terms of windows, The machine was installed with windows 7 on the hdd, I asked the shop to also put in a ssd in there. But I wanted the windows on the ssd so it can load faster hence why you will see windows on two drives. I wanted to get windows off, off the hdd and make the c drive my 1tb a storage drive and I am using that. So for now I just leave it alone.

What do you mean also of ram? I checked what ram they put in my machine it is all the correct ram, from hp. it is ddr4-2133 ecc reg ram and there is 4gb*4 in there they added. The machine only had 8GB DDR4 2133 MHz ECC Registered RAM. I double checked and saw the packages they put in of ram and they put in the correct added ram from hp.  { this to answer your question when that program could'nt detect the ram name or something}

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Any particular reason why you have not clicked on the Follow this topic tab  :(

I take it that you have had no more crashes as of now.

Going off topic here but no harm done as it is information only and not troubleshooting.

Having too much Ram is better than not having enough that's for sure and the only thing that suffers is your bank balance, 8GB of Ram was enough for the use that you have stated as you have a decent enough processor to compliment it, 16GB of Ram would be better if you step up to serious video rendering but only alongside an i7 CPU and a better GPU, not being negative here just making sure that you are fully aware of what is required and what will be wasted, check out the Adobe system requirements information here

But is the computer booting from the HDD or the SSD, as I mentioned in reply #6 Windows by default allocates the drive letter C: to the drive where it lives and C: is shown to be on the HDD and not the SSD, see if you are able to identify which and grab a screenshot, both by using the steps below

Go into Control Panel

System and Security
Administrative Tools
Launch the System Configuration tool

You may see something like the following;

Windows 7 (F:\Windows)
Windows 7 (C:\Windows) : Current OS, Default OS

What do you mean also of ram? I checked what ram they put in my machine it is all the correct ram, from hp.

At no time have I suggested that the store have used "incorrect Ram" and this because they have not, what I said in my reply #4;

The only issue that I can see in your Speccy log is with your Ram, the Ram is not shown to be running in single or dual channel mode, this is most likely because you have an odd stick of different brand and spec of Ram fitted.

It is common knowledge that for dual channel Ram to function correctly it must be installed in pairs and in the appropriate slots as detailed by the MB manufacturer/OEM vendor user manual. 

Download CPU-Z from here run it, click on the Memory tab, grab a screenshot and attach it to your next reply for us, please only use the method below for the screenshot.

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

seanxke

seanxke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hello,

I just followed this topic sorry about that. The computer is loading from the F drive the SSD.  I just checked.

Here is the screenshot you requested

Attached Thumbnails

• memory-cpu-z.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

No problem, we get so many people that dont post back once their questions have been answered that I like to ensure that members have received notification for all replies to their thread, if they then abandon the thread for no reason I dont respond the next time they ask for help.

The computer is loading from the F drive the SSD.  I just checked.

Can you post the requested screenshot of the results for us.

We can see that your CPU-Z screenshot does show 24GB of Ram but does not show if it is in single or dual channel mode, up to you if you can live with it but if me I would want to know why.

I take it that you have had no more crashes as of now.

Is that a yes or no!

Advertisements

seanxke

seanxke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hello,

I have had no blue screens since turning off malwarebytes and now I just removed it from my computer. My other computer had the same blue screen and malwarebytes said that it could have been from a corrupted file. But I am just taking it off from my desktop computer workstation computer. I have bitdefender interent security 2016.

attached is also showing the boot drive it shows that it is loading from the ssd. As far as the ram {memory} not showing in single or dual, will that cause any problems possibly later in the future? Will it still operate fine? 

one issue I had lately not relating to a blue screen, but while I was streaming in hd video on skype for a web meeting people were saying

"your stream is very good... something within your computer is throwing the sound sync off"

I checked my drives and to my knowledge everything is up to date.

Attached Thumbnails

• ssd.jpg

seanxke

seanxke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I also should note when I had that stream problem when I tried on my laptop that audio sync problem was not a problem but with my desktop it was? I am confused about that

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
That is odd as there is no mention of Windows on the C: drive and to be honest I was expecting your screenshot to show the following;

Windows 7 (F:\Windows)
Windows 7 (C:\Windows) : Current OS, Default OS

Regarding the Ram, no one can say for sure whether or not you will ever have problems with the Ram, as I said previously  "up to you if you can live with it but if me I would want to know why" and I would start by removing the 8GB stick of Ram altogether and then putting the 4GB stick from slot 5 into the slot 2 where the 8GB stick was and then check to see if the Ram is operating in dual channel mode as it should be.

Not a regular Skype user and dont really know much about it Im afraid, if you are still having the same problem with it I would suggest that you start a new thread on the Networking forum here

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Not heard back from you seanxke, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

seanxke

seanxke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

hi there,

im so sorry for not reporting back you can close this thread. It seems to be resolved. I was just confused if you wanted me to report something when it happened again but i should have said something by now I apologize about that