Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

JAVA Error 1603

Best Answer DonnaB , 06 December 2015 - 02:11 PM

Hi KOrTRON, Welcome to GeeksToGo! Error 1603 is a Windows Installer (MSI) error that simply means that "something the installer expected wasn't available" or "Something exists that the installer... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

KOrTRON

KOrTRON

• Pip
  • 5 posts

I 'think' I have tried all the work arounds. I read a bunch online (java website and other random google search sites) also i've checked Youtube. I CANNOT get this [bleep] thing to load. Anyone have another suggestion. :alarm:  I need my Minecraft fix  :alarm:

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
✓  Best Answer
Hi KOrTRON,

Welcome to GeeksToGo! :)

Error 1603 is a Windows Installer (MSI) error that simply means that "something the installer expected wasn't available" or "Something exists that the installer didn't expect".

Have you tried to uninstall then reinstall Java? Go into your Control Panel and uninstall ALL Java versions displayed there, especially older versions. Once you have all the previous versions uninstalled, download that latest installer version from here to your desktop. Disconnect from the internet, disable your AV temporarily before you uninstall. Make sure to re-enable your AV once the installation is complete.

Check to see if you get the same error. My fingers are crossed that it works. :)