Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless keyboard stopped working

• Please log in to reply

ththailen19

ththailen19

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I have a notebook PC connected by an HDTV cable to my HDTV and a USB connector thumb-size plugged into my PC. A wireless keyboard in the other room enables me to operate my PC using the wireless mouse and wireless keyboard. Everything worked fine until today, when the keyboard suddenly decided to stop working. I bought new AAA batteries, thinking it would solve the problem. It didn't. When I went to system in the control panel, it listed two different keyboards and both were working.
How can I get this keyboard to resurrect itself and resume working, without having to buy a new keyboard?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:welcome:    ththailen19,

Couple of questions if I may;

Have you tried the keyboard on another computer to see if it works.

Does the wireless mouse still work.

a USB connector thumb-size plugged into my PC.

Does this have a button on it that you need to press to pair it with the keyboard.**

Is there a reset button on the base of the keyboard, if yes, have you tried pressing it.**

** This needs to be done when the item is new and after replacing the batteries.

Tip

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Not heard back from you ththailen19, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.