Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

School Tycoon Problems

• Please log in to reply

_shadoweternal_

_shadoweternal_

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Please help me!, i recently bought a game called School Tycoon for my windows xp computer, as it looked like the type of game for me, i was assured it would work on my pc because a friend once brought it over and it worked perfectly after downloading.. I was using the same pc as i am now so it had the exact same specs, and they couldnt have just `suddenly` gotten worse, but now every time i launch the game it brings up an error message saying that my 3D card isnt good enough and the hardware needs accelerating... My hardware acceleration is on full so  dont know what to do, please help!

Thanks, _shadoweternal_

Advertisements

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Hello _shadoweternal_, and :welcome:

I understand you're receiving that graphics error when trying to run [School Tycoon] from your PC, which you have successfully played it on before with no problems.  Did something change between the time you played this game and now (when you receive the error)?  For example, have you reformatted your PC for any reason (virus, OS upgrade, etc) during the time spent between trying to play the game?

It sounds to me like you may have forgotten to update your video card driver after a reformat, or perhaps there is a newer driver that it requires in order to play the game.  If you can confirm the video card driver is up to date and nothing else has changed with your PC, let us know and we will attempt to further troubleshoot this issue of yours.

Good luck!