Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Startup Problems

• Please log in to reply

combo

combo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
After a power cut where I live cut out my XP computer, it now crashes on the first BIOS screen with the American Megatrends logo on bootup. It does not respond to anything, except the power off button. However, after having switched it off, if I switch the computer back immediately afterwards or within several minutes of doing so, it boots up through successfully and works perfectly. It only crashes on startup after being switched off for a while. Is it a power issue...?

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

SpencerClark

SpencerClark

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there,

We had a similar problem, with Xp on our machine not booting up after power "surge". Find my original post and see if it can help at all,

Regards

Spencer Clark

combo

combo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi there,

We had a similar problem, with Xp on our machine not booting up after power "surge". Find my original post and see if it can help at all,

Regards

Spencer Clark

View Post

I'm not sure whether it is the same problem. :tazz: