Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hsrd.yahoo.com redirect [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

There are three test servers in the Phoenix area. I tested on each here are the results.

Phoenix #1: Ping:30ms; Down:33.35; Up:9.59

Phoenix #2: Ping:62ms; Down:31.12; Up:9.59

Tempe: Ping:9ms; Down:33.34; Up:9.61

I have the Cox Communications Premier service which claims to offer up to 100mb/s. Ihave a docsis 3.0 modem and a router which is less than a year old. All that said I have no idea what the above numbers mean :D

Edited by BrianR1976, 04 January 2016 - 06:20 PM.

Advertisements

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

There are three test servers in the Phoenix area. I tested on each here are the results.

Phoenix #1: Ping:30ms; Down:33.35; Up:9.59
Phoenix #2: Ping:62ms; Down:31.12; Up:9.59
Tempe: Ping:9ms; Down:33.34; Up:9.61

I have the Cox Communications Premier service which claims to offer up to 100mb/s. Ihave a docsis 3.0 modem and a router which is less than a year old. All that said I have no idea what the above numbers mean :D

:lol: No issues with redirects? I believe once you reconfigure FireFox to your preference, you'll see performance to the level of what you are used to.

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

None last night. I wanna give this another day or two before declaring it fixed I think.

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

None last night. I wanna give this another day or two before declaring it fixed I think.

:thumbsup:

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Ok my computer has behaved for a couple days straight. It's still a little slow at times though that is probably the browser. I think I am ready to declare this a success.

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

Ok my computer has behaved for a couple days straight. It's still a little slow at times though that is probably the browser. I think I am ready to declare this a success.

:thumbsup: One thing to consider is to not put that Points Panel software back on the machine. The proxy server that was running only disappeared when we eliminated that software. And the redirects stopped only after we eliminated their proxy server from your machine. Definitely food for thought there. :-)

If we can be of service in the future, please don't hesitate to come and see us. :-)

Safe surfing

Pystryker :wave:

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

I have a couple questions before we lock this thread down.

Would you suggest upgrading to Windows 10?

Based on the speedtest results, should I get a better networking card for my computer?

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

Would you suggest upgrading to Windows 10?

Hello :)

Honestly, I can't offer you a yes or a no on that. I haven't upgraded my machine in a while (Vista OS here)but there some pros and cons to upgrading. One of the major holdups for me is the fact that Win 10 will use your bandwidth to help others download updates to their machines. You can deactivate it, but they don't really advertise that it does that.

As for the pros, it's good to have your OS updated, but when I upgrade, I usually wait a few months after the initial release as there are always bugs they have to release fixes for.

Based on the speedtest results, should I get a better networking card for my computer?

That's not really my area of expertise, but I've included a link to our hardware forums. They'll more than likely run some further tests to determine if there are any issues with your network card and whether or not it needs replacing.

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

My apologies, I forgot the link to the Hardware Forums. : :oops:

http://www.geekstogo...nd-peripherals/

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Advertisements