Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unhandled Error in Software

• Please log in to reply

Jordanmiller1029

Jordanmiller1029

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have been using a program called InspectionXpert for PDF to make inspection reports for my company. Recently, I tried to open it and get the following error message: "here was an unhandled error in the software. If this continues please contact customer support for assistance." Customer Support was unhelpful unless I pay a $600 annual maintainance fee and a $400 activation fee. Rather than do that, I would like to fix the problem. I cannot open the software directly, nor can I indirectly through a file that was made in the program.

I seems (though I can't be totally sure) that this started around the same time I switched to Windows 10 and back. I only had it for a day (it was soooooo slow), but the process of switching might have been enough to cause a registry error of some sort. Or it may be totally unrelated. My computer literacy is novice level. Is there anything I can try or should I get some outside IT help? Thanks.

Untitled.png

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Hi Jordanmiller10 :welcome:  and welcome to the forum

As you are using this software for business purposes it might be wise to consult your firm's IT dept or independent IT consultants to resolve this issue.

As an interim measure you could try using a System Restore Point created before the problem started and when you were running Win 7... ie before you made the switch to Win 10..and back again.

the fact that when you made the switch to Win 10 the machine became very slow is diagnostically significant and indicates that there may be other issues on your computer that need addressing.

Subject to any permissions from your company (if they are needed) it may be simpler to re-image your computer from a good recent disc image created before the problems started, obviously any material on the computer created or installed after the date the disc image was made would be lost... however the data could be simply copied across from your back ups and any applications installed subsequent to the disc image creation...reinstalled.

Post back if you need any amplification

Regards

paws