Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GFX Card not receiving sufficient power

• Please log in to reply

ampflex

ampflex

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hey guys, I have just recovered this computer from a major problem (wouldn't reboot, windows wouldn't install and lost all my files etc). Now I have a fresh version of Windows XP Home installed.

Heres where the problem is, when I start up I get a message saying something like my graphics card nvidia geforce fx 5800 is not receiving sufficient power to run at its full potential. This started happening when I was catching up on updates from the windows update website and came across my gfx card driver, it also said that it was recommended I download it as windows had not installed the card yet.

I don't know why its giving me the message, everything is the same as it was before my computer had the major crash (no hardware changes).

Advertisements

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Did you install all the new drivers? I had a similar problem the my RIVA TNT2 card.

Go to the nVIDIA site and download the latest drivers for your graphic card.

Then try to go on Control Panel > Install New Hardware.

Try to re-install the card.

Don't know if thats what you were asking.

Hope it helps though...

:tazz:

- Maverick

ampflex

ampflex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Cant seem to find the drivers on the website, I have gone through some menus and came across this "forceware" software. Ill download it and see what happens.