Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Webpageicons file not working properly

safariwebpageicons private browsing history

• Please log in to reply

toosty1

toosty1

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello guys,

I really hope this is a solvable issue...I have recently noticed that webpageicons.db does not save history from the private browsing mode in safari, but rather seems to save history from the normal mode. I have Safari version 9.0, and yosemite OX on my macbook air...is there any way I can change this? I am planning a massive bday surprise for my boyfriend (who also shares my laptop) and keep having to go back and trawl for things again as obvs private mode doesn't save anything! I can't be relied upon to delete history like a normal person, I am always busy and rushing and forgetful! My tech friend had showed me the sqlite browser thing, but is at a loss on this issue...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Ho toosty1,

Welcome to GeeksToGo! :)

I apologize that you didn't receive an answer when you needed it most. This being a predominately Windows Forum is more than likely the reason no one responded.

I am not a "Mac'er" myself, and wonder if you are both using the same user account/profile? Won't using your own account that is password protected prevent him from having access so you could browse around in seclusion? I am sure that if there were a trust issue, this would not be possible.

Just a thought....

Donna :)