Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building a new system

• Please log in to reply

armen323

armen323

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello,

I am new here, and not a pro but just want to make sure all the components listed below would work well together. Any help would really be appreciated. I want to built a system and want to use the components below. 

Intel 750 Series HHHL (CEM2.0) 1.2TB PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SSDPEDMW012T4R5
EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X 12G-P4-2992-KR 12GB SC GAMING, Play 4k with Ease Graphics Card
G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 128GB (8 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2800 (PC4 22400) Intel X99 Platform Extreme Performance Memory Model F4-2800C15Q2-128GRKD
CORSAIR HXi HX1200i CP-9020070-NA 1200W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Full Modular Power Supply
ASUS X99 Deluxe U3.1 Motherboard X99-DELUXE/U3.1
Intel Core i7-5960X Haswell-E 8-Core 3.0 GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W BX80648I75960X Desktop Processor
IN WIN 909 SILVER Aluminum / Tempered Glass E-ATX Full Tower Case Computer Case Compatible with ATX 12V / EPS 12V up to 220mm Power Supply (not included)
CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm

Thanks

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

:welcome: armen323

The specifications are extremely high.   If you don't mind, we would like to know what the system would be used for?

What kind of display/s will you use?

What Operating System will you use?

In which country will you purchase parts?

Do you have a budget in mind?

armen323

armen323

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks for the reply.  to answer your questions.  I just want to create a system where I would not need to do a lot of upgrades for few years. But I do a lot of image/video editing and also run extremely complicated excel spreadsheets VB scripts that take my current computer which is an I7 and has 16GB over 2 hours to complete.  I need to cut this time down as much as possible. I am also planning to use this computer as a back up server for my web site.  

What kind of display/s will you use?

Samsung UN40JU6700 40" Curved 4K Ultra HD 2160p 60Hz LED Smart HDTV

What Operating System will you use?

Windows 10

In which country will you purchase parts?

US, California

Do you have a budget in mind?

around $7000

---------------------------------------

Can all the components listed be installed in the motherboard or will they conflict with one another? Can you recommend anything else? and also should I also get 10GB Ethernet card to have faster internet? I have business charter internet rated at 100MB. 

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Thanks for the info.

A bit busy at the moment with the holiday season , so my responses may be a bit slow.

Please understand any questions, comments and suggestions are in no way a criticism of you build, but I would like to play Devils Advocate, unless of course you are set on your selections.

Good choice with the LGA 2011-v3 as it looks to have a CPU upgrade path, > http://wccftech.com/...6800k-detailed/

The MB only supports a max of 64GB, > https://www.asus.com...specifications/

User Manual, > http://dlcdnet.asus....LUXE_UG_WEB.pdf

I know it is about the best MB, but do you need all the features and will you use them, like 5 PCI-E slots

armen323

armen323

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks for the reply. 

With the specs which I have listed, what you be the best MB that you can recommend for me to get? 

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

I think I need to clarify a few things before going further.

"But I do a lot of image/video editing"

What software are you using, Adobe, Vegas?   Please list it all.

"and also run extremely complicated excel spreadsheets VB scripts that take my current computer which is an I7 and has 16GB over 2 hours to complete.  I need to cut this time down as much as possible."

Having little experience with the above, some more info please.  

Can Excel use more than one core?

Is it multi threaded?

Are you running 32 bit or 64 bit Excel?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

I asked more questions as not convinced such a extreme build would dramatle improve your performance, example, > http://www.mrexcel.c...sor-64-bit.html

Please let us know if you are interested in any further help.

Thanks.