Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SYSTRAY CHEVRON (<) MISSING

• Please log in to reply

mazaprin

mazaprin

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have 2 problems in which I need help from you.

1.- On the systray (notification area on the taskbar where the clock and other icons are shown) the little encircled Chevron (<) that expands or shorten the notification area (so you can see the hidden icons) is MISSING. I know that there are hidden icons but I am unable to access them because I am unable to EXPAND the notification area. I need some help to bring the chevron there.

2.- [Notification Area] - This area controls the far right section of the Taskbar adjacent to the edge of the screen where the clock is located if you have it activated.
[Customize Notifications] - This dialogue box displays a list of Current Items and Past Items that have appeared in the Notification Area. Click on any item in either section and a drop down box will appear with three options.
[Hide When Inactive] - The default choice. Useful for items that you want to become visible when they have information to report.
[Always Hide] - A good choice for items you want to run in the background but don’t want a notification until you make the choice to expand the Notification Area.
[Always Show] - Useful for items which you want to monitor for both activity and inactivity so they are always available at a glance.

The second problem is that when I try to customize the notifications there is only one FIXED option which is "Hide when Inactive". There is NO drop down menu to show the other TWO options ("always hide" and "always show"). I need help on how to solve this problem so all the three options are shown there.

Advertisements

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
This may help : Taskbar Repair

mazaprin

mazaprin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I already tried it but it only shows or hide the icons completely or disable and enable the taskbar, etc... but does not bring back the chevron nor the drop down options for the icons behavior on systray

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Did you download the full program ?
I was having a similar problem to yours in that the chevron button which expands the notification area wasn't being displayed.
I ran the utility, selected Hide or Show Inactive Icons, put a tick in the Hide All checkbox and clicked Apply. A message appeared informing me the desktop would be restarted, I clicked OK and it worked straight away.

mazaprin

mazaprin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi Les1451
I think I downloaded the full program of "Taskbar Repair" and I tried Hiding all icons and also showing all almost tried all the options BUT y will try to redownload the Utility again maybe they have updated it.

I will let you know after this weekend.