Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Repair estimate for ASUS PG278q monitor

• Please log in to reply

w8ing4some1

w8ing4some1

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello,

My son threw a  toy into it and now the screen  is shattered as you can see. I wonder if anyone could give a a repair estimate or suggest where to get one. 

There are no electronics repairs shops close to where I live and I don't want to pay for shipping sending it to ASUS. I need estimate for my insurance.

Attached Thumbnails

• Asus PG278Q monitor broken.jpg

Edited by w8ing4some1, 08 January 2016 - 09:02 PM.

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Hi wing8ing4some1, and welcome to our forum

:welcome:

With cost of new VDU's now at a very low price and the cost of repairs labour, parts, overheads etc., in the average workshop being relatively high in comparison, it is rarely economic to attempt any but the simplest repairs.

If you brought this VDU into our workshop for a quotation, we would not even offer a repair quote, just recommend that you go get a new one from many of the online retailers or your local technology store. 

A new VDU would provide a product guaranteed (usually for a year but sometimes longer) and your insurance provider should have little difficulty in understanding the situation.

Just occasionally insurers have arrangements with  a specific repairer(s) where the insurers pass large volumes of repair work  of this nature to them and have a courier service lined up to assist in this.

In the absence of such an arrangement a new replacement VDU is the way to go.

Regards

paws