Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

First gaming PC (Resolved).

Hardware

Best Answer ReactiveAdam , 04 May 2016 - 07:46 AM

got the parts in and in my PC. The work great and had no problems with it. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

:thumbsup: 

Let us know when your PSU is on it's way and one of us will give instructions for doing the swap with the old one. 

Advertisements

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

I have decided on the MSI GeForce GTX 970 gaming 4g, but i was wondering if this will handle DOOM and BattleBorn and new games to come?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

It is to early for meaningul benchmarks for DOOM as only Beta testing has been done, final release will be May, http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=19820&game=Doom%204&title=Doom%20Beta%20Hidden%20Advanced%20Graphics%20Options%20Reveals%20Frame%20Rate%20Not%20Locked%20to%2060  There are tests for the Beta release that showing AMD beating Nvidia.   The GTX 970 is a recommended card so should be fine. 

I don't think you will have any problems playing BattleBorn, but again, to early for reviews, http://www.gamesear....e-been-revealed

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

i was thinking, should i get a power supply with more the 550W for all the other hardware, or would 550 be a sufficient amount?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

For your present hardware an appropriate quality brand 500W PSU that has more than 30 amps on the +12V rail will do, example here, to allow for adding additional HDDs etc in the future consider the EVGA 600B Bronze 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Not heard back from you ReactiveAdam, do you still require assistance, an update would be appreciated.

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

just waiting on the parts now and trying to see if the graphic card will fit. it seems that it may get covered up the the hard drive expansion area. or do you guys think it will be fine. 

003_101814.png

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

If the case concerned is the same as the one here then it will accommodate add on GPUs up to 420mm long, if your GPU is the one same as the one here then it is only 269 x 141 x 35.

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

the difference between my case and the one you have shown me is that my case don't have the opening between the HDD slots and the disk reader area.

Edited by ReactiveAdam, 19 April 2016 - 08:14 AM.

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

i cant get any of the pics to work to show you guy exactly what i am talking about.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

What particular problem are you having with the pictures.

Tip

Please avoid adding multiple posts while waiting for us to reply to your last post, edit your last post to include anything that you wish to add, this will ensure nothing gets overlooked which can sometimes happen if a thread has more than one page. 

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

it wont allow me to us any of my pics , but manly i just trying to see if the GPU will be Block by the HDD expansion slots and everthing above it,

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Have you saved your pictures a jpegs, if not they will be too big to upload.

We cannot advise unless we see the pics or alternatively if you post a link to the exact model of case you have, btw, some cases will allow the removal of HDD cages to accommodate large add on video cards. 

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

this is where i got my PC http://www.newegg.co...N82E16883102038, and i check the picture is a jpeg 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

That computer has a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB which is a small card at around 184mm long and therefore you could be right in that a larger card may not fit.

Pictures would help us to advise you better, do you get an error message when you try to upload the pictures, have you used up your upload limit, if yes, delete your old pictures.