Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lenovo g50 the, fan is not spinning. no display but battery and charge

• Please log in to reply

jafi

jafi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Lenovo G50-70.that won't start though the battery and the power led lights are on. I have a number of things that make me not certain what happened

I was charging a phone using USB that I had connected directly to the phone battery with naked wires which on that case dint charge instead I found it warm.
by the time I turned back to the Lenovo there was no display.

the reason am not sure if this was the problem is because I had restarted it after some windows updates that I interrupted while installing. it started well that I also double clicked windows 10 with intention of reinstalling it.

that's when it went of. I tries resetting memory all In vain

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Expect you have ruined the battery.  The charger puts out 20 volts.  Don't know what your battery is but it is certainly a lot higher than the USB's standard 5 volts or what your phone wants so too much current.  Not surprised your phone got hot.  Over voltage on the power input may have ruined it too.

Try removing the battery, plug in the charger and see if the laptop will start without it.  If it does you are just out about $40.  Amazon has several batteries that will fit your laptop.  

jafi

jafi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
the battery isn't the issue I just highlighted furthermore that's the phone battery I was trying to charge
the laptop wont power on only the led loghtt

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

OK. If it were a windows problem it would still boot to the Lenovo logo at least.   So you probably shorted out the USB port on the laptop and killed the system board on the laptop tho there is a small chance that it is just the USB&Audio FRU. 

The hardware manual is here:

https://www.manualow...0/Manual/427116

There is a list of parts near the bottom of the manual.   Often you can find used parts on ebay.