Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need HELP is cpu amd3+ with 4x4GB ddr3 compatible with motherboard gat

amd3+ motherboard

• Please log in to reply

Debbie Collins

Debbie Collins

• Pip
  • 5 posts

I replaced my motherboard with the gatewayDX4300-03. My original one had amd quad core (2x4)8Gb

9750/2.4GHz  64 bit sp1. I upgrated ram to ddr3 (4x4)1600GB  and found out my cpu isnt compatible with this. So my question is what type amd3+ will work with the new motherboard                                                                                                                                             specs   capacity  1x1 TB

interf type  SATA 3Gb/s

transfer rate  56Kbps

graphics  ATI radeon                                                                                                                                                HD4650

1GB  HDMI,VGA

Edited by Debbie Collins, 15 February 2016 - 03:22 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:    Debbie Collins,

I replaced my motherboard with the gatewayDX4300-03. 

We will need some clarification before we can give you a definite answer, GatewayDX4300-03 is the name of the computer system itself and not the MB, specs here can you tell us the brand and model name or number of your new MB.

JAFYI: AM3+ CPUs are not compatible with AM2 or AM2+ boards, the pins are not the same and AM3+ CPUs do not have DDR2 memory controllers

A similar upgrade question for the same computer here

Debbie Collins

Debbie Collins

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Thank you so much for your responce. Didnt want to get into everything unless i had someone to give advice. Anyway original pc is Gateway DX 4300-03 (2009)

64-bit with Sp1,   ATI radeon HD,   4650 1024MB,   DVD super multi,   Tv tuner,   AMD Phenomx4,   

9750 quad core,   8GB DDR2,   1TB HDD,   multi in 1 card reader,   lable flash HDMI

Have:

refurbished motherboard   M/B MBGAY090010212BDEK00 or MB.G0409.005

it requires DDR3

Have:G.Skill Ripjaws   DDR3-1600  PC3-12800  1.5V

Foe the ram i think i need AMD3 but unsure about MB now        Thank You for your time!!!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Being an OEM board the general information available is very basic and the support from Gateway here is the same, is the MB here the one that you have.

FWIW: The two best 95W CPUs that would normally** be compatible with the MB at the link are compared here ** I say normally because being an OEM board if a BIOS upgrade is required the CPUs would not be compatible as there is no BIOS update available from Gateway.

You are welcome btw  :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Not heard back from you Debbie Collins, do you still require assistance or has your question been answered satisfactorily, an update would be appreciated.

is the MB here the one that you have.

Debbie Collins

Debbie Collins

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Not heard back from you Debbie Collins, do you still require assistance or has your question been answered satisfactorily, an update would be appreciated.

is the MB here the one that you have.    Yes this is mb but it was not for ddr2  our memory would not fit  we had to get the ddr3 and amd cpu we had was now also not compatible wrong number of pins  so my question was about getting the amd3+

<script type="text/javascript" src="/pagespeed_static/js_defer.pbrP1whUgE.js"></script>

Debbie Collins

Debbie Collins

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

yes that is mb  only it is not set for ddr2 like it states  the memory slots fit ddr3  and cpu we had would not fit either (wrong pin)  so i got ddr3 memory it fits fine  was wondering if amd3+ should be sufficiate    board specs arent exactly what we got

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Looks like your MB is a later revision AM3 (or a very outside chance AM3+) socket type but honest answer is I would suggest that you take it to a local Tech and have it confirmed first hand, as previously mentioned being an OEM board finding any information on it has proved difficult, this is nothing unusual as OEM brands will often throw anything in a computer when it is coming to its end of marketing life just so that they can get rid of them, not helpful at all to people like yourself.

Some AMD info http://support.amd.c...lity-alert.aspx

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Not heard back from you Debbie Collins, have you managed to determine what socket the MB has.