Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pc will not boot on power up

• Please log in to reply

KYJellyFish

KYJellyFish

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys, I have a modified HD Pavilion 500-199. Only my moBo and processor are original to the machine. I run an ASUS strip get 960, a 500w dynex power supply. I have 3 drives in my rig. One 120gb Kingston ssd. And two 1TB hdds. 16gb of crucial ballistic ram. This is all wrapped up in a Zalman z5 series case.

I was running into an issue with windows 10 and missing network protocols. And after troubleshooting that problem several times with no luck I decided to wipe my current windows install and start over because everything was working fine up until I ran some updates a few days ago. So I made a windows 10 installation usb and went to boot up to run off the stick. My PC kept beating me to the windows load screen so I hit reset this happened 3 times. Then it would power on and I got nothing come up 8 my screen and my mouse and keyboard wouldn't power up. So I pulled the main power cord and let it sit for a few. Plugged it back it fired her up and still nothing. I can here the fans power and the hard drives tick. But that's it. So as I sat here looking up on my tablet having a What the... moment, bam! Windows load screen flashed up. I didn't logon to windows I just clickthe power icon and said shutdown. After she powered down I wanted to try and boot off my usb again. So I hit my power button the fans fired up I could here the hard drives but nothing on screen. So I called my PC a few choice words and pulled the power cord again. I disconnect all my peripherals with just my monitor plugged in and nothing. Same thing again. So I opened her up and cleaned all the dust out there wasn't that much in there I was pretty surprised. I reseted my graphics card, my ram, the power cables put it all back together. Plugged her in fired her up nothing. So I did it again this time I even popped out the cmos battery put it back. Hit the power nothing same thing again... now I'm frustrated and don't know what else to try. So I found you guys looking for help.

Little update: I tried disconnecting the drives and powering on I get nothing, even just trying one at a time. Sometimes it powers down then fires back up on it's own but not actually booting. Did my power supply bite the dust?

Update 2: I just bought a new psu and the problem still happens I am officially
stumped

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

:welcome: KYJellyFish 

Is this your original PC?http://support.hp.co...ument/c03924207

Is this your GPU, > http://www.kitguru.n...edition-review/

Please give the brand and model of your new PSU.

TheWizard1

TheWizard1

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Is it posting?

Tejesh Jadhav

Tejesh Jadhav

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My PC is not booting up! since 5-6 months...
Today morning I tried to start it again and after 4-5 attempts it started nornally once but again after restarting it stopped booting.
The CPU fan turns up, The MoBo standby LED turns on, HDD is spinning but there is no signal on monitor nor any type of post or beep!
I tried disassembling all parts then assembled one by one but still no use. All the connections are correct and proper.
I don't think there's problem with PSU as I tested all rail voltages and they are approximately correct!
The CMOS battery is also new. I even tried to start PC in BIOS recovery (by removing jumper) and it posts "system halt" and beeps continuous...
The Rams are clean and proper.
I am not getting what the problem is!

I have : Intel D101ggc MoBo
Pentium 4 2.66 GHz processor
2 x Transcend DDR3 1gb RAM
Seagate 80 GB HDD
Iball ATX Smps

Pls help me out to rectify what the actual problem is and how to fix it. Thanks in advance! :-)

Tejesh Jadhav

Tejesh Jadhav

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Today morning I tried to start it again and after 4-5 attempts it started nornally once but again after restarting it stopped booting.
The CPU fan turns up, The MoBo standby LED turns on, HDD is spinning but there is no signal on monitor nor any type of post or beep!
I tried disassembling all parts then assembled one by one but still no use. All the connections are correct and proper.
I don't think there's problem with PSU as I tested all rail voltages and they are approximately correct!
The CMOS battery is also new. I even tried to start PC in BIOS recovery (by removing jumper) and it posts "system halt" and beeps continuous...

Seagate 80 GB HDD
Iball ATX Smps

Pls help me out to rectify what the actual problem is and how to fix it. Thanks in advance! :-)

Tejesh Jadhav

Tejesh Jadhav

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Even I got similar kind of problem

Seagate 80 GB HDD
Iball ATX Smps