Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor Problems

• Please log in to reply

SuperHappyFunTime

SuperHappyFunTime

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My monitor works good on my older Windows 95 computer and worked well on my newer Windows 2000 computer, but recently it started clicking off and on and now it turns off on the newer computer. I un-hooked the monitor from the newer computer and put it on the older one and it works perfectly.

I think my dad messed with the resolution settings on the 2000 machine, but I don't think thats the problem. Any help?

Thanks.

Advertisements

Deadringers

Deadringers

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
refresh rate maby? but newer comps usually change that themselves, how old is the monitor? and what OS is your new comp?

SuperHappyFunTime

SuperHappyFunTime

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The OS of the new computer is Windows 2000 NT. I think it's a business version. The monitor is quite old, its a NEC monitor. I think I bought it in '98.

Deadringers

Deadringers

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
it is turning off when you playing on it or when it is Idle?
and 2000 should do it fine, but try turning down the resolution to 800*600 and the colour to 16bit and the Refresh rate to 60 or the lowest it can go. If it works fine like that then mess around with the settings and fine what you like :tazz:

*note*
Colour should not be a prob but with some old monitors it can be.