Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I got myself a Transcend DrivePro 520 dashboard camera

Dashboard Cameras

• Please log in to reply

sukiblr

sukiblr

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

I am an avid watcher of the Russian car crash videos, often telling myself that such accidents could never happen in India.

A road accident near my home changed all that. An unruly cab driver jumped signal, crossed the median and crashed into a school bus full of children. 

As a doting father of two lovely girls, I worry about how our driver treats them when he ferries them to and from school every day. Does he drive rashly, did he behave well , so many thoughts cross my mind, all the time. I kept wondering what I could do to ensure they were being driven well. And then I remembered the Russian car videos and how the dashboard cameras capture everything both inside and outside the car.

Excited that i found a solution to my worries, I came home and did some research on the internet about a dashcams sold in India. Found a few but Transcend’s newly launched model “DrivePro520” seemed to fit my requirements well. I was able to buy this online.

Once I installed it in my car, there was so much more peace in mind.

The DrivePro520 comes equipped with duel cameras (front and back), one free 32GB micro SD card, suction mount, car lighter adapter and a well documented manual inside the box. Besides the most important emergency recording and dual lens recording functions, the camera had more interesting features like infrared LED, that helps record better at night, and a GPS receiver to log driving records. The 130°  wide viewing angle on the camera helps record oncoming lane traffic situation and provides a snapshot for instant photo shooting.

To celebrate New Year, my family decided to spend a day out in a resort on the outskirts of the city. It was 4:00am and I went to our basement parking to get our 4-wheeler out. That’s exactly when I felt what a blessing the dashcam’s rear lens with infrared LEDs were! They automatically turned on and helped me record flawless images in low-light conditions, and get the car out without any hassle.

All of us were thoroughly enjoying our drive to the resort when all of a sudden, in the midst of a semi-urban area, a bike from a by-lane almost rammed into my car.The dashcam’sG-Sensor immediately initiated the emergency recording mode. It saved the existing recording from being overwritten, and also recorded the incident, just in case I fall prey to a false case against me.

By the time we started on our way back home, we witnessed increasing traffic. However, the kids were completely unaffected with the mess on the road. It never occurred to me that videos on the DrivePro 520 can keep my children quiet? and fun! With a free downloadable DrivePro New App and wireless connectivity, it allows us to stream and download videos of our journey to our Android smartphone.

Just like me, parents out there should try installing and using this ‘easy-to-install-and-operate’ dashcam in their cars and increase the safety factor for them and their families.

Advertisements