Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

anonymous texts from someone hiding behind a vpn to my lgg3 cell phon

• Please log in to reply

marykat

marykat

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Help,Someone is sending me texts to my cell phone,and they said their hiding behind a Vpn ,i need to catch them because they are obscene texts and sending me nude photos

Advertisements

tallship

tallship

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

It is irrelevant whether this person is behind a VPN of any sort - in fact it makes little sense. A VPN is a secure tunnel between one point and another, and so in order to send an SMS or MMS message to you this person would need to present on the open Internet at some point if they're using a tool to send these unwanted messages.

Examples of the tools mentioned above include Google Voice, a plethora of SMS/MMS apps available at the Google Play Store, email to SMS gateways, emails sent to addresses like, for instance: [email protected] (where the number is your T-Mobile phone number), etc.

More likely, they're simply blocking their CallerID - so it comes in as an unknown number, and these messages are being sent directly from their phone.

As far as finding out who this person is, you would need to engage them in conversation and phish (engage in Social Engineering) them until they are comfortable enough with you or let their guard down, eventually revealing enough about themselves so that you can ascertain exactly who they are, or are not.

It doesn't sound like you're very interested with enduring a deluge of pics from them until you can determine who they are, however, so the easiest thing is probably just to block them and move on with life.

One needs to pick their battles and if you make it your personal mission to track down all SPAMmers there simply won't even be enough time in the day to even feed yourself or take a shower.

My recommendation, therefore, is to simply install the following app, block the offender, and move on:

https://play.google....r.blocker&hl=en

I hope that helps!

Kindest regards,

Bradley

marykat

marykat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thk you for the Info :-)

tallship

tallship

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

You're very welcome Mary :)

Glad I was able to offer something relevant for you.

HolyCowZ

HolyCowZ

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Why not contact the local law enforcement as this is a crime in many countries and they will contact the phone company and catch the odd ball end of wierd texts and pics. Don't delte them save them and take them into the police station.

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Why not contact the local law enforcement as this is a crime in many countries and they will contact the phone company and catch the odd ball end of wierd texts and pics. Don't delte them save them and take them into the police station.

Best idea. This is what my sister did and the detectives used their equipment to nail the guy! Problem solved.