Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC/Internet Issues, not sure what is going on?

computer help pc issues cpu errors

• Please log in to reply

spoofrice11

spoofrice11

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Something weird is going on with my PC. It was working fine last night, then today when I went home for lunch and it was doing a lot of random things. I didn't do any updates or change anything so I don't know why it changed (I tried re-starting and that didn't fix it either).

- When I click anything it opens in a separate window, even when I click page 2 on a google search (normally goes to a new tab). *I tried 3 different browsing programs and they are all messed up (chrome, explorer, and firefox).
 - If I shrink an internet window, nothing will work to bring it back up. 
 - I can't right click to open a pinned item or view them from the bottom bar or my computer.
 - When I try to scroll with the mouse wheel, it won't. Sometimes it goes back a page though.
 - When I click on an internet page instead of clicking there, it highlights a big portion (select all).
 - I can't delete text in certain searches
 - Caps Lock is not on, but typing in all Caps.

I tried a system re-store and it was unable to finish.
Does anyone know what's wrong or why my computer did this?

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

The most likely cause is malware. Please go to the Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal forum, read the first post and follow instructions.

Come back here once you get a clean bill of health if you still have problems.

spoofrice11

spoofrice11

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Not sure what happened, but I was using my coputer, trying to find answers (frustratingly) and then it just started working normal again. That was weird. 
I didn't do any updates or removals.