Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc turns off directly & says 'processor thermal trip '

• Please log in to reply

Rajat kuntal

Rajat kuntal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

they are exactly same in all specification(240pin) but the new one is smaller in height

the system boots normally when i insert anyone of them, but collectively they creates problem

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Thanks for the update  :thumbsup:

Can you post the brand and model name or number of the MB for us please.

BTW: Odd that the Ram is a different height yet has the same serial number but at least it works.

Rajat kuntal

Rajat kuntal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

what is meant by MB ?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

MB = Motherboard.

Rajat kuntal

Rajat kuntal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

it is intel DG31GL,

G33/31 express chipset family

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

So only the two memory slots which is a pity  :(

As both sticks will work in one the one slot it may suggest that the other slot is bad.

Try each stick on it`s own in the slot that is not normally used and let us know what happens.

Rajat kuntal

Rajat kuntal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

any of the two stick can work in either slot

currently i am using slot1 : 2gb

slot2: 512mb

there is no problem at all

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

That is both good and bad news, good that the memory slots are ok but bad that the two 2GB will not work together for whatever reason.

There is a way of checking that both sticks are the same spec, it involves a bit of swapping and changing so let us know if you want to do the checks.

Rajat kuntal

Rajat kuntal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

that's what i want to say  "the two 2GB will not work together for whatever reason."

one thing i guess that the MB has maximum capacity of 4gb so that it become out of control at full capacity

i m ready for the checks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
one thing i guess that the MB has maximum capacity of 4gb so that it become out of control at full capacity

Not likely but possible if the board is temperamental, have you tried removing the MBs CMOS battery to restore the factory default settings.

Do the following for each 2GB stick of Ram that you have

Download CPU-Z from here run it, click on the Memory tab, grab a screenshot and attach it to your next reply for us, please only use the method below for the screenshot.

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Not heard back from you Rajat kuntal , do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.