Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Website Planning Guide

website planning website organization web solutions

• Please log in to reply

jewel531

jewel531

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi guys, I'm new here, and was wondering what good resources you know of that pertain to website organization? Something that outlines all the different areas of a website and helps you plan and lay out all the different streams of work that need to be done to run a website (such as branding, content, seo, advertising, social media, etc.)  

I've been looking for a good planning guide that is pretty comprehensive but unable to find anything decent online, I have found some nice online documentation and lists and such, but nothing comprehensive. In my head I am thinking of those Wedding Planning Books, but geared towards Website Design. 

I'm toying with the idea of building something along these lines to help new businesses plan more efficiently, and have all the information they need for their sites in one location. But I'm unsure of 2 things, 1. whether their is a real need for this, I know I could use something for all the websites I do, but not sure if anyone else garnishes any interest on the topic, and 2. If their is already something out there I am not finding that serves this exact purpose. 

Let me know your ideas, I figured reaching out and asking others was a better idea then starting to build something and then finding out if it's useful :)  

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Million Dollar Websites: Build a Better Website Using Best Practices of the Web Elite in E-Business, Design, SEO, Usability, Social, Mobile and Conversion

The Web Designer's Idea Book, Volume 3: Inspiration from Today's Best Web Design Trends, Themes and Styles

Don't Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability (3rd Edition) (Voices That Matter) 3rd Edition

?

Edited by SpywareDr, 01 April 2016 - 04:01 PM.

fakhar50

fakhar50

• Pip
  • 7 posts

if you are planning on your website and facing problem on which topic i start or want some good topics visit this <a href="http://www.learnperf...t-topics-write/> best website topics </>

Edited by fakhar50, 05 May 2016 - 12:25 AM.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

From that page:

... essay the first thing ...

... you can’t take a decision ...

?