Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to throttle WiFi users speed?

• Please log in to reply

frichieny

frichieny

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Hello, I'm just wondering if it is possible to throttle WiFi user speed? I don't have a good Internet speed because here in my country Data cost a ton. So, my family can only avail the lowest plan available and when there are a lot of visitors at our house they tend to watch YT all the time Download games etc etc... Thus making it hard to use the internet properly.

I have a Prolink H5004n router I think my ISP(PLDT) tweak some settings of it. I have learn that QoS is a thing tho I do not know how to use it.

gxeC6q7.jpg

Advertisements

Rikai

Rikai

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

QoS is probably the best way to go. I would set your devices at a higher priority and set new devices to automatically be assigned the default. You may need static or preferred IP addresses to allow your permanent devices to remain in a higher priority.