Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BOOTMGR image id corrupt. The system cannot boot.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Alex from GA

Alex from GA

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

I bought a reconditioned laptop, HP 6930P, put my old hard drive, from the same model, in it and it worked fine for a few weeks.  Today, my wife said, it kept losing the network so I suggested she reboot.  I had to reboot last night when it did the same thing.  When she rebooted this came up and when I tried to run the tests it failed.  Windows was preloaded so I don't have a disk.  It's Windows 10 by the way.  What do I do to fix it?  Thanks.

Advertisements

Alex from GA

Alex from GA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Nothing is connected, have no DVD, do have a windows computer, XP.  I changed hard drives to the one that came with the refurbished computer and am up and running.  My son has an external box that I'm going to use to get all the stuff I want to keep and load it.  I don't quite know how to do this but I'll muddle through.  What is WinRE and how do I get it?  Thanks.