Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware Infection- Pop ups, redirects, irregular fonts & more.

• Please log in to reply

andrea22

andrea22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

5369130595.png

Advertisements

andrea22

andrea22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

My fb messenger still looks weird. I tried to paste in a screenshot but can't.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Press the Alt + the Print Screen key on your keyboard. It may be labeled [PrtScn].

Open Microsoft Paint (All Programs, Accessories,Paint).

Go to the Edit menu and choose Paste (or just do Ctrl + v) and the image should appear.

Go to the File Menu and choose Save As.

Navigate to the folder where you want to save the image.  (Desktop)

Type a file name for the image: fb

Select a file type. jpeg 

Click the Save button.

Attach fb.jpg to your Reply.

(Start a Reply.  More Reply Options.   Click on the Choose File button, point it at your desktop and click on fb.jpg then Open.  Now click on Attach this File).  Click on Add to Post.  Add Reply.

andrea22

andrea22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

hopefully this works

Attached Thumbnails

• fb shot.jpg

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Does it look wrong in IE too?  

andrea22

andrea22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Ok now have ffox in safe mode and problems seem fixed. But I really need the no-squint (or similar) and dark theme to be working...

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

OK.

The simple option is to make a note or screenshot of the extensions and add-ons you have then use the Refresh Facebook option that you see when you go into Safe Mode.  Then go into regular mode reinstall the extensions and add-ons one at a time.  Restarting Facebook and checking Facebook each time.   IF Facebook goes bad then you have found the culprit.  Remove it.  

Alternatively: go back into regular mode and click on the three horizontal bars.  Then click on Add-ons then Extensions.  Each item should have a Disable button.  Disable them all, Go to Plug-ins and make sure that all are set to Ask to Activate restart Firefox then open a new tab and go to Facebook and see if it looks better.  If it does then go back to the Add-ons/ Extensions and enable one or two of them restart Facebook.  Keep enabling extensions until you find the one that causes the problem then Remove it.  If it's one you need then try reinstalling it.  Perhaps it was corrupt.

andrea22

andrea22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

ok I've worked out that the no-squint add-on was the problem, so I've removed it. Should I re-install it? Being that the same thing may well happen all over again? Or try a different but similar add-on?

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

If no squint worked once perhaps it just got messed up.  A new install of no-squint might help.  If not just uninstall it and try something else

andrea22

andrea22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

ok thanks will do.

Advertisements