Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wifi Antenna and hotspoting

• Please log in to reply

Micky87

Micky87

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Is it possible for a wifi antenna to recieve and then hopspot the signal again. I am in a flat and can get my home wifi signal about 100 meters away.. Im geting on adverage 30mbs but have to keep the phone placed in the window. I teather to my pc but its annoying to have the phone in the window the whole time

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Something like the NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender might work for you.  If you don't have an outlet near the window or need to raise it up you can use a 3 wire extension cord.  

Micky87

Micky87

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks. And this will be able to send out wifi in my flat??

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

That's what it does.  I have one and it works quite well.  I would get it from somewhere with a good return policy so you can return it if it can't pick up the signal.    I got mine on sale for $25 from Newegg.  Amazon has them refurbished for $26, new for $40.  They also have an Essential Edition (not sure of the difference) for $29.