Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dvd adapting feature on recorders

Unfinalised dvd

• Please log in to reply

Madi-q

Madi-q

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have panasonic sa-rt30 model dvd recorder that is now misbehaving, probably at the end of its life. It wont turn on properly now. My sister has loads of unflinalised DVDs left and I need to finalise them. So I am desperately in need of a new DVD recorder that has an adapt feature.

Ive been told that certain DVD recorders, but not all, have a feature that lets them adapt dvd from other recorders/brands. I have had 2 recorders in the past that were able to do this but they are no longer around I think due to discontinuation or whatever. But that was sheer luck. Now that i need one but i dont know how to identify the ones that can do this sort of adaption. Is there a way? Which ones come recommendable?

Second, I know that certain softwares can rescue/pull the data/files/videos off of the unfinalised disks so that they either remain on the computer or be put on a new disk. Is there a way that the data can remain on the original disk and that very disk can be finalised so that I dont need get knew ones and dispose off the original one? As this will require A LOT of new disks. Can this be done on Mac desktops? I have a detachable DVD recorder for it.

Plase do help, or any guidance in the right direction will be much appreciated!

Advertisements