Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery (Windows) HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Bewitched1

Bewitched1

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Hi folks,

I am urgently in need of advice please.  I have run the Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery software and in the results to the left (under Classic Tree view) it lists everything that has somehow gone missing off our 1TB external drive.  I have clicked on Restore but of course only 1GB of free recovery is provided, so my queries are as follows:

I'm sorry but I don't understand the short preview list on the right?  Is that showing me all that can be recovered?  Or is it more likely the 1GB of data recovered from various places on the tree?

I am happy to pay if it recovers the whole lot listed under Classic Tree view, but I need to know this for sure before handing over $100!  I tried there Support team but they are "away please leave us a message"....

I have spent 24 hours waiting for all this data to be recovered just to get to this point, is anyone familiar with this recovery method and can look at the attached screenshot and tell me if the data on the left will be recovered?  Thanks for reading!!

Attached Thumbnails

• geeks.jpg

Advertisements

Bewitched1

Bewitched1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

My apologies, this second attachment shows the full image!

Attached Thumbnails

• new save image.jpg

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Hi,

I'm not particularly familiarized with Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery but those programs all work in a similar way.

What you need to do is to expand the folders inside the tree on the left until you locate some files you want to recover, then select the file to see if the program can recover the information correctly, the preview windows on the right should show you part of the file contents if the file can be read.

Make sure you choose some common document type like .doc, .pdf, .jpg click on the link "list of available preview" to know the files that you can preview using that window. Other file types not in the list need to be recovered and opened using the correct program that creates/view them.

Bewitched1

Bewitched1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Thanks so much for the reply sleepydude, I have never attempted something like this so I find it all very confusing!!  I understand the preview pane now cheers, some folders are clear but the majority with a red cross in status of 'deleted', size 0.  Okay, so is the reason I can some files by their size in the preview pane is because their linked to standard programs like Windows Media Player etc, whereas the majority of files I am trying to recover are from itunes so they're all listed as 0 in size, because I need that online program to recover them, is that right?  

I selected an Advanced Recovery (for all file types i think it said), just in case one of us has accidentally reformatted the drive, so I'm hoping all I have to do is click Recover All, as I have ticked everything under the tree.  If I need to do anything more technical I may get stuck here, I still haven't got a response from their team and it's been 13 hours! 

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Thanks so much for the reply sleepydude

You are welcome.

I have never attempted something like this so I find it all very confusing!!  I understand the preview pane now cheers, some folders are clear but the majority with a red cross in status of 'deleted', size 0.  Okay, so is the reason I can some files by their size in the preview pane is because their linked to standard programs like Windows Media Player etc, whereas the majority of files I am trying to recover are from itunes so they're all listed as 0 in size, because I need that online program to recover them, is that right?

No if you see a files with 0 bytes in size it means the program can't recover that file.

oliverpowell

oliverpowell

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Please have a look on this KB article posted by Company itself:

I hope, it will clear your all confusions.

AnnyFromKepler22b

AnnyFromKepler22b

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Maybe any software can't help you. Here useful information about this: http://hetmanrecover...neraser_ar2.htm