Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Widows 10 won't load

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

John de 2001

John de 2001

• Pip
  • 5 posts

I've had windows 10 for several months. Recently was playing a game, ARK Survival. During game got a message from SpyHunter 4 my DNS was being hijacked and to click ok to reset. Computer crashed. Could not log back into computer. It will not allow me to bring up Safe Mode option. Seemed to be no OS. Plugged in flash drive with Win 10 to boot computer. Didnt work. Chose to redownloading Win 10. Completed to 100% and all was going well. Computer went to black screen and sat there for almost an hour. Rebooted computer. Now computer goes through boot to windows blue page w/ spinning dots under window says PREPARING and then gives me error message that my computer didn't shut down correctly.

RECOVERY

The operating system on your PC failed to turn off properly and needs to be repaired.

Error Code: 0xc0000001

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you dont have any installation media (like a disc or USB device) contact your PC administrator or PC/ Device manufacturer

I do have all the drives that set up the computer on flash drive and a full version of Win 10. But nothing is helping. any advice is greatly appreciated

Edited by John de 2001, 21 June 2016 - 02:13 AM.

Advertisements