Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which phone would be better to buy, the ZTE Max Duo from straight talk

New or used?

• Please log in to reply

jmount1068

jmount1068

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I need a new phone and I would like some advice. Straight Talk has finally released what appears to be a pretty good phone , the ZTE Max Duo with 2mg of rom,16 mg of internal memory with is usually 8 in most S.T. phones. 4lte on Verizon network which is a must living in Bangor,ME. 6" display with a nice feel and fairly thin. A great Walmart warranty. Octagon processed running 5.1 lollypop which is supposed to be upgraded to marshmallow. All in all a decent phone finally from Straight Talk. Now on the other side of the coin, a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. This is considered one of the best phones in my opinion. Both phones have as slot for expansion. The Note most likely beats all spects. The note also comes with 32gb internal and 3 gb rom. Both have good video proformance with the note a bit better. The price for a new ZTE is $199.99 and the used Note 8 to 9 quality is $250 to $290. One is new and the other used, Better warranty on ZTE. What would you all do? I cant afford a new Note 4. Thank you all for any input.

Edited by jmount1068, 22 June 2016 - 06:06 PM.

Advertisements

tapwindows

tapwindows

• Pip
  • 3 posts

if you cant afford a new Note 4 , just choose cheap one . also you can buy a HUAWEI . 

jmount1068

jmount1068

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thank you tapwindows for your endorsement of huawei, but I really was looking for statistical facts on a new ZTE Duo Max opposed to a old but premium phone like the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 as they run close in price,but the specifications along with the fact of a new phone opposed to a couple year old premium phone. I'm sure Huawei or other peoples favorites are all nice but they really were not part of the question I was asking on the technical differences possibly with people that have owned the 2 phones in question.