Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Logon Problems

• Please log in to reply

The_KiD

The_KiD

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I have some issues with my citrix servers this morning.

Quite a few of my users are getting login problems when trying to connect, they get various error messages such as:

Windows cannot load the profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off.

and

Windows cannot copy file C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Cookies\[email protected][6].txt to location \\serverfile\profiles\USERNAME\Cookies\[email protected][6].txt. Contact your network administrator.

I have changed the usersname to USERNAME

The second error is not just on that one file, it is on various files within their profiles and not always cookies.

When I look in the event viewer on the servers they are showing lots of errors but the most common accross all 3 citrix servers is:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date:  16/06/2005
Time:  10:35:31
User:  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: LCH-CTX
Description:
Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return value (1722).

I have looked this up on Eventid.net but it tells me that it means there is a problem with dns, but I dont have a clue what to do with it?

How do I find what the DNS problem is and how do I fix it?

Advertisements