Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

android tablet virus

• Please log in to reply

gloriaz

gloriaz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

My Galaxy 2 tablet is locked.   States "Homeland Security" violation $200 fee.  I have not turned the tablet on in months, then to find this virus.   I can not access the tablet at all. How do I clear this?  

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Apparently Android has a Safe Mode you can boot into:

(1). For various android phones(LG, HTC one, ZTE or Motorola etc): hold down the power button to bring out the menu with Power Off and Reboot option—-hold down the Power Off option (If nothing happens, please tap and hold the Reboot option instead)—-click OK on the pop-up box asking if you want to access safe mode

(2). For Samsung Galaxy S4, S5 and Samsung Galaxy S6: power off the device—-turn on and tab the soft-touch Menu button repeatedly

(3). For Samsung Galaxy S3 and other phones with similar customized android system: power off the device—-turn on and hold down the Volume Down button (try Volume Up or Volume Down and Volume Up together if Volume Down does not work) when the brand logo shows up

You will see “Safe mode” at the lower left corner of the screen if you access safe mode successfully.  

Then go into Apps and try and figure out which app is causing the problem.  Get rid of any that you don't recognize.  See:

for other options