Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

modem wont sign on aol

• Please log in to reply

dennyj

dennyj

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[SIZE=7] used a recovery disk on an ibm390e i bought so everything wiped clean and rebooted. loaded aol 8.0. i have another 390e with no problems. same phone line, etc. when i plug the phone line into the modem, even when the computer is shut off, it ties up the phone line until the recording comes on "please hang up and try your call again". if you get to the aol signon screen, and unplug and replug the phone in really fast, it will syncronize and sign you in with no problems. there must be a setting which is allowing the computer to open a line before you ask for it. what might this be??? i have already set the modem in the computer to wait for dial tone and thats not doing it. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks, d

Advertisements