Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installed Nvidia Graphics Card now my 5.1 speakers don't work prop

• Please log in to reply

Purgle

Purgle

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Hi, i recently installed an Nvidea Gforce 740 graphics card and associated drivers which works great. However, when i came to play music i realized that my 5.1 speaker system wasn't working properly with sound now just coming from only one speaker. I've tried disabling the nvidea HDMI sound, uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled the latest ASUS REaltek drivers but nothing seems to do any good, now i'm baffled, can anyone help?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hello Purgle,

A little more info required so some questions for you;

How are your speakers connected to the computer, the MBs audio ports for example.

How is the video card connected to your screen, HDMI or DVI port.

What OS are you running.

What is shown to be your playback device in Windows own sound settings.

If you remove the add on video card does your audio return to normal.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Not heard back from you Purgle, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.