Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Loosing wireless adapter after Windows 10 upgrade. (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer pastor-chuck , 04 September 2016 - 02:13 PM

Sorry I haven't responded sooner. I downloaded a new driver, so for now the problem is resolved. Well until my wireless goes missing again. Thanks for your help. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

pastor-chuck

pastor-chuck

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Greetings with thanks!

I upgraded to windows 10... lost my wireless and then supposedly fixed the problem with wireless by downloading a new router.  NOW lost is again.  Is there a permanent fix or is best to just trash windows 10... Argh.. please help.  Thanks..

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hello pastor-chuck,

We could do with some information about your computer, is it a notebook or desktop, if a brand name can you post the model name or number so we can do some research.

lost my wireless and then supposedly fixed the problem with wireless by downloading a new router

Do you mean driver as a router is an item of hardware used for internet connection.

pastor-chuck

pastor-chuck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Thanks my computer is an HP pavilion Note book.  It has a processor- AMD A10-4655M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics 2.00 GHz; It has a 64 bit operating system and was once Windows 8; now using Windows 10.

Product ID is- 00326-10000-00000-AA196

And yes I meant wireless driver which is now since down loading the Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 b/g/n wifi adapter

It also has Realtek PCI e FE Family controller which stays on and doesn't disappear.  

I hope this helps and if you need more information please just ask.  Thanks!

pastor-chuck

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Your notebook will have a combination of numbers and letters after the Pavilion part, we need to know this so that we can find the correct spec and drivers for the notebook, take a look at the different versions here and you will see why we need to know the correct model details.

Try Safe Mode with Networking in case something else is tripping up the wireless device, steps here

pastor-chuck

pastor-chuck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
HP Pavilion 15-n207cl TouchSmart Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

Model #: G4X93UA

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Thanks but unfortunately there are 4 different brand of card showing and no Windows 10 drivers for any of them.

What does Device Manager identify your card as.

Have you tried Safe Mode with Networking.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Not heard back from you pastor-chuck, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

pastor-chuck

pastor-chuck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
✓  Best Answer
Sorry I haven't responded sooner. I downloaded a new driver, so for now the problem is resolved. Well until my wireless goes missing again. Thanks for your help.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

No problem and thanks for getting back to us pastor-chuck  :thumbsup:

Couple of suggestions for you now that the computer is running ok, make sure that you have a new restore point for the present settings and save a copy of the present wireless drivers to a folder on the desktop so that you know that you have the correct drivers close to hand.

You are most welcome btw  :)

pastor-chuck

pastor-chuck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thanks so much... ya'll are a blessing for what you do.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

You are welcome and thank you for your kind words  :)