Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What happens to the data from a short circuited MicroSD Card?

• Please log in to reply

ryan_enarson

ryan_enarson

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My phone may have short circuited while reading data to my MicroSD card after it fell in the sink. What happens to the data in the card? There are burnt lines at the tips of the pinouts and I thought maybe some data in the card was still stored. How does one know FOR sure that there is no data left especially since the pinouts don't allow current. Could I have a clear and thorough answer on what happens to data during a short circuit? I'm currently grieving hundreds of photos I lost. I need a little closure. 

EDIT: It works in another phone but not in the computer. I'm slightly relieved

Edited by ryan_enarson, 07 September 2016 - 04:47 PM.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,085 posts
Hello,

Could I have a clear and thorough answer on what happens to data during a short circuit?

I don't think there is a clear and thorough answer for that.

It's like asking:
What happens when a tornado goes through a town ? Some big houses completely disappear, yet the little house on the corner remains.

You would think a short circuit would be catastrophic failure to a MicroSD card and all data is lost, I think you got lucky like the small house on the corner. You could have had a catastrophic loss.

Glad you got the photos back, :) now is the time to back them up somewhere.